top of page
Located in Virginia Beach, VA - Serving Southside Hampton Roads
Southside Church of Christ
Welcome to Southside Church of Christ!
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Cor. 13:14)
What to expect when you visit:
- All are greeted with equal courtesy and kindness (Acts 10:34, 35; Gal 3:28).
- We engage in a cappella singing only. Like the first century Christians, we will engage in the singing of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs (Eph 5:19). The words used in our songs will be easy to understand (1 Cor.14:15). God has commanded the sincere praise of His people to come from the heart (Col 3:16).
- You will be asked to fill out an Attendance Card or to just provide us with your name and phone number so we will have a record of your visit. You are always free to contact any of the members at home if you would like to get more information, study the Bible, or engage in prayer or fellowship, so please don't be bashful.
- You will hear obedience to the will of Christ emphasized as necessary to salvation: faith in Christ as taught in the gospel (Eph 2:8, Rom 10:17); hear the word (Rom 10:17); belief in the word of the Lord (Jn 3:16); confession of faith in Christ (Rom 10:9-10); repentance (Lk 13:3, 24:47); and baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38, 1 Pet 3:21, Gal 3:27); and continuing in the faith (Hb 5:9, 1 Jn 2:3, Jn 8:31, 2 Tim 3:14-15). Baptisms are done at the time of conversion (Acts 16:33), not on a weekly or monthly basis.
- At the close of each Worship service, there will be an "invitation" offered to anyone who wishes to respond; for Baptism or for the Prayers of the congregation. If there should be a response from someone in the audience to the appeal mentioned above, you will see them taken to a pool of water, in simple likeness to the burial of Christ; they will be buried in water and raised to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:3-4).
- You are welcome at all of our services. Please come and bring your Bible to "search the scriptures" (Jn 5:39) with us. If you do not have a Bible, we will be happy to provide you with one. If you have any questions about what is being taught, please do not hesitate to ask questions after the service.
We invite you to come and worship with us!
bottom of page